Monday, October 03, 2005

Hoof beats echo

What does one take on a mystical journey.? I grabbed my back pack and started walking around the castle, thinking. What in my life is most important? My FAMILY, naturally, are number one but they are stamped in my memory so clearly that there is no need for pictures. Then there is CREATIVITY AND IMAGINATION. I threw a journal with pencil and pen into the pack along with a drawing journal for quick sketching of ideas and scenery. Next? BOOKS. Oh dear…Which book shall I take in case I have trouble sleeping. What book gives me the most reading pleasure that I could read over and over? I knew just the one and I grabbed the small book, "Elizabeth and her German Garden" by Elizabeth Von Arnim. I also have wanted to sketch the different paths and flowers mentioned in her journal. Perhaps if we have rest camps on the way I could do that. Except for a couple of changes of clothes, a rain coat, a warm jacket, and two pair of shoes, that would have to do ….But wait…I may need some gifts to give out. I grabbed a few of my favorite books and blank art journals with cloth covers on them that I had made. And added them to the now heavy backpack. I hurried down to the carriage house to get my man, Jasper, to hitch up our best and fastest horse and started out to the entrance to the cave of the enhanteur.

Two huge rod Iron gates stood open on the side of the dusty road I had been following. I did not know where the doorway was, but the sign over the gate said, "The Enhanteurs' world" so I entered. No one was in sight when I went through the gates, but as I rode down the path that led east I could hear the creeking of the metal gates as they closed behind me. I had the funny feeling that I was not supose to enter yet..Perhaps I was to wait for the others. Last time I took the wrong tunnel and ended up on the island of Iona and missed the whole journey. I could turn back and wait for the others...or I could go ahead and see what was waiting. I can always check back by sending my raven back for the latest instructions and change my route. I am here now and I am curious. I shall explore.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah! All rolled into one Jane. Delightful! Now be a good lass and pop that into the Subterranean Cave, along with description of your explorations.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I follow you, dear Jane, and send my caring for your pack. Fran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home