Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Diary of a Frantic Traveler

“What exactly does one pack for a journey to an enchanted land?” Since I posed this question to the dog, I had little hope of finding any help. You can never find a cat when you need one.

Should I pack an actual luggage set, or just a duffel bag? Or maybe a backpack is more appropriate. And shoes. Just what kind of shoes will I need? And clothes….sporty, dressy, casual…what was everyone else going to wear? I was beginning to regret ever signing on for this. It is so against my nature to leap into the unknown. The knot in my stomach was tightening.

“Doing it for yourself, weren’t you?” Oh goody. The cat had arrived.

“Of course it’s for me” I snapped at the little black and white fur ball. I sunk onto the bed. Deflated. I didn’t know anyone going on this trip. I’ve never done anything like this. Was I going to be good enough to be there? Would the others have more experience than I? Did they all know what to do? I was making myself sick with worry. And to top it all off, I was going to be late

“What matter are things you take. Possessions only. That is not what you are”. Elephi was a vision of tiny, efficient smugness.
.
“Okay Yoda, you’re right. I am doing this for myself. To learn for myself, test myself, and hopefully enjoy myself. But I think I should at least bring some personal hygiene products, for the sake of my fellow travelers.

I throw some jeans, t-shirts and undies in my satchel. I add some pencils, markers, crayons and paper in to the mix. Hopefully these will come in handy. I zip up the bag, stash some of my carefully horded chocolate mini-eggs into the outer pouch, and head for the door. I grab my keys and take one last glance around. I hit the lights, and close the door.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Welcome to the road. I love your easy style and know that you have little to worry about. Remember, Sibyl hears and sees almost every thing. No-one quite knows how she does it but if there is a problem she will hear about it and appear quite suddenly and offer some advice.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger jane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger jane said...

Sorry about the deletes but the wind currents are making this a rough ride and even I could not figure out what I wrote. I just wanted to say that if we both get to the grotto before they hide the entrance and leave, drop by my room and we will exchange notes. It's my first journey with the Enhantress too.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I've known all along that it was time to have a kitten in this house for wisdom's sake for cats are clever and practical

 

Post a Comment

<< Home