Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Back to the Grotto? I sat down on the ground, dejected. I could feel myself slipping into the brooding child, sitting under a lilac bush, who had just been reprimanded for being mischievous . Not only that but I had no idea how to get back. As I sat there, cross-legged on the ground feeling sorry for myself I heard my courier raven calling in the distance.

�OH no� I thought, �Not again� , but he just circled above and dropped a dispatch in front of me on the path. Obviously he was still a little annoyed with me but it was not the first time and he will get over it. Opening the dispatch I find that we are soon setting out for a gypsy camp on the silk road and the entrance to the Grotto will soon be completely hidden. I must hurry and find my room. There was a picture of the grotto entrance but the dispatch had fallen in a puddle and the ink was smeared. I was just about to head out on my own journey once more when my horse, Destiny spoke.

�Get back in the saddle and I will take you to the entrance if that is where you want to go�, he said. � I know the way.� By now it was getting dark and I was tired. Obediently I climbed back on his back and he headed towards the sunset. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The image of you obediently getting back on the horse and letting him lead you did tickle me Jane. Too funny darling! This is going to be quite a journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home