Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nessies ladies

I found a comfortable spot under a tree and took the blanket off of Destiny’s back and spread it out. My doll Lucinda immediately jumped from my hands and stretched herself in a tall yogi pose, "A person could get all their circulation cut off tightened in a belt like that" she sputtered.

I picked up an apple beneath the tree and began eating as destiny grazed near by, as Lucinda seemed to be conjuring images of clothing around her. I left her to her tasks and gazed across a field of grain. Inhaled deeply I absorbing the fragrance of my surroundings. Their was the dry, crispy smell of grain ready to be harvested, the smell of the grass next to me and the faint smell of clover in the distance. I once more was enjoying the reason I wanted to be on foot; To see the road, in depth.

I was deep in the enjoyment of the moment in smell when I heard a rattling sound coming in the distance and people laughing and singing . Glancing down the road I saw a donkey pulling a wagon which seemed to be filled to the brim with ladies having a fun time. I smiled as they came nearer and discovered me under a tree. All of a sudden all three lovely ladies jumped out of their wagon and came running over to me, all asking questions at once.

"Hello, hello, hello." Who are you? "What are you doing" "I am Coral, I am Jade, "I am Quoise", they all choired at once. "What is your name?" "Is that your horse? Why don’t you have a donkey"

I laughed and welcomed them to my blanket.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger jane said...

So glad they are enjoying visualization. Your journey is such a good idea. Reading their thoughts makes me miss my young women and men, same age as yours, that I worked with msny years ago. Ours was a city recreation center for all different types of physical and mental disaabilities. I taught art and I am the one who gained the most. Now pass me one of those balogna sandwiches. Love, Jane

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Will you welcome the secretary to this lovely picnic? I shall come with my dancing donkey bringing a supply of apples for your team, a jug of ice cold lemonade and a sponge cake. Do you think the girls might have a picnic chair for me as I am very old and my knees don't bend enough to sit on the blanket. Cheers, The Secretary of the Donkeys' Union

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Lucinda eh! Stretching in a Yogi pose! My my Jane! I do love what everyone conjures up here. It is just all so magical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home