Saturday, October 15, 2005

Just a Little Progress, But Progress Nonetheless.

Starting off again today, too late in the day to fully get to where I am going but still feel I should make the effort. I passed the most amazing trees wearing lacy fungus skirts, patches of toadstools at their gnarled roots.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The donkey still followed me, though not at my urging. Doing what could only be described as an awkward bunny hop and nose-nudging it dawned on me (I am none to quick on the uptake today), the donkey was trying to point something out to me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Quite surprising I found a doll, looking just like the one my mother made from my dad's old corduroy pants. That was a half century ago, and miraculously this doll has never been lost, nor needed mending.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Her name was Jamaica.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've no idea how she got beneath the tree, all they way out here. I last left her sitting on a shelf in my hallway. Jamaica has always been profoundly important to me, representing constancy, after all she is always there, even when I am away and forget to pack here, somehow she still is there. Gifts made with love are never lost.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I suppose I've taken her for granted and not noticed her wandering off.


aletta

6 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Fabulous techniques. Makes for an exciting journey!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger jane said...

I thought I was loosing it. Kept going back for another look.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It such a delight to combine sketches and narrative Aletta. I found this incredibly touching. I must get my old doll out of her draw and put her, with Teddy, where I can see her each day.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Geez! The images change. How did you do that Aletta? No! Don't explain! Just let me go on thinking it is all magic.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Pure magic, delight, joy. Can you tell us how such a performace is managed?

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger aletta said...

I used the animation feature with Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7.0 and used sketches and transitions to make "gif"s smaller than 1MB (what imageshack will host) gifs do not require viewers of any kind. To tell the story here I had to divide it up to each being about 600kb or 46 frames.

Dancers are movementr junkies.

aletta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home